By good fortune, I realised that I can just velcro the speakers into my Shoei Neotec. Looking at my other helmets like the Shoei Qwest or my friend’s Multitec, it would be more troublesome to fit in. For the other helmets, the hole is deeper inside and you will have to purchase other brands to fit into it. For the UClear’s design, it has a microphone sticking out a little. They now have earbuds for this,
I will purchase them in the near future and update this entry.
Now back to the UClear, easy to use, tiny stuff to note here and there but not a deal breaker to me. I’m an easy customer to please, but I do have to inform you on what I have found out till date.
- The battery lasts quite long if you don’t waste it blasting music into it.
- Clear voice (Up to about 100 km/hr, but I’m not gonna have a conversation at 120 and above)
- Bluetooth! Pick up phone calls with a simple hello.
- No boom
- Slight lag (Well duh, it has to determine if your voice is noise or not first)
- Voice sounds digitised (If you don’t want digitised, get a boom mic or wait a few years for a better product or just don’t fucking nit pick over nothing)
- Not much bass. not really complaining.
I don’t think I will ever get the Scala or any other device that uses a boom, I don’t wanna look like a telemarketer working overtime.
Enjoy the review by revzilla below.